No Open Lessons
There are currently no future lessons for this event.
The North Wales Path – Run Challenge
is a 2 day, fully guided and supported ‘run’ following the 62 mile
linear trail, from Prestatyn to Bangor. It has a total ascent of 7,700ft and reaches a maximum height of 1,396ft. The route involves
largely shadowing the North Wales coastline, but comes inland at times to explore the foothills of the mountains that the area is famous for. Passing many areas of interest and through some wonderful North Walian countryside, the challenge over 2 days provides a truly rewarding weekend – and we’ll be there for you every step of the way. Guiding, encouraging, carrying your kit and generally helping you get the most from a fantastic experience!
WalkRun Clwydian are offering a limited number of spaces for this challenge, and will be providing the following, over the course of the weekend, to make your journey along the trail, as safe, stress free and enjoyable as possible:
- Fully Qualified Guides – 4 of them will be leading you every step of the way – you’ll have no worries about getting lost, just relax and enjoy your surroundings and the challenge!
- Checkpoint support – The days are split into 6 sections – approximately 5-7 miles in length, and at the end of each one we’ll meet you with your spare gear should you wish to change clothing policy, first aid provision and lots of food and drink to keep you going!
- Safety and first aid cover – your in safe hands, your guides will be fully qualified when it comes to outdoor first aid, in addition we will have all the necassary skills and equipment to look after you if something goes wrong, at the end of each section.
- Replenishment – Whilst it’s recommended that you carry some snacks and water on sections yourself, we’ll both provide and transport suitable foodstuffs and water/energy drinks and will have them waiting for you at the end of each section throughout the day.
- Transport – It’s a linear route. We’ll provide coach transport to get you back to your car at the end of both days. Day 1 starts in Prestatyn, day 2 in Conwy.
- Event Pack – 3 months ahead of the challenge day, you’ll get guidance text on the route itself, an overview of the sections, tips for preparation and training along with other useful pieces of information.
We will be averaging around 3.5mph moving time – a brisk walking pace for most, with rest stops at each CP, so the emphasis is on keeping going, not speed! Think of walking briskly the climbs, jogging the flat sections and running the descents and you’ll end up with this average pace, or thereabouts. The pace will be dictated by the Run Leaders.