Arrivals and registration
- Registration and the start/finish area is at the main entrance of the London Aquatics Centre, on the lower pathway by river. The upper level entrance next to the cycle hire docks as you enter The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park is not open. Use the staircase on the left side of the bridge to go down to the main entrance. Inside the main doors of the London Aquatics Centre, you'll see The Race Organiser registration area.
- Registration opens at 8.00am. Collect your race pack no
later than 30 minutes prior to your wave start time from the registration area in The London Aquatics Centre.
- All race packs are held for collection. You will not receive
anything in the post before the race.
- You don't need a printed booking confirmation, but be
prepared to show ID when asked for your name to pick up your race pack.
Your race pack contains:
- Better wristband for changing area and pool access
- Swimming ankle chip strap with adhesive fastening
- Swim cap showing race number
- Running race number bib with chip and safety pins
- Plastic kit box
- British Triathlon Event Day Membership
Once you've got your race pack, put the Better wristband on
and take everything else to the changing area to prepare for the race.
preparations should include:
- Dressing for your swim, including wearing your numbered swim
cap and ankle chip
- Write your race number on to your upper right arm. Your race
number is the same as the number on your running bib.
- Attach your running number bib to the front of the clothing
you will be running in with four safety pins - one on each corner.
- Place your running kit into the plastic box and bring it to
- Once you're ready, go to poolside for your pre-race briefing
15 minutes prior to your wave start time.
- At your poolside briefing, you will be directed to place
your run kit box at your numbered position in the transition area.
- We will use a marker pen to write your race number on your upper
Toilets, changing and leaving belongings
There are free toilets in the changing area of The London
Aquatics Centre and on the race route at The Last Drop Bar & Kitchen. You
can leave any belongings in the changing room lockers. They require a
returnable £1 coin.
The 400m Swim
- Wave 1 starts promptly at 9.00am, Wave 2 at 10.00am. Competitors will be
released one at a time in fifteen second intervals.
- You will wait poolside in the order that you will be
released into the pool.
- One at a time, you will be invited to step into lane 1
thirty seconds before your start.
- At fifteen seconds before your start, as the competitor
before you begins, you will be asked to move into lane 2 where your swim will
- Each length is 50 metres. To ensure you accurately complete
400m and finish at the exit steps of the pool to the transition area, you are
required to swim as follows:
- Swim 2 lengths, out and back, in lane 2 and move under the
barrier into lane 3 as your turn into your third length
- Swim 2 lengths, out and back, in lane 3 and move under the
barrier into lane 4 as your turn into your fifth length
- Swim 2 lengths, out and back, in lane 4 and move under the
barrier into lane 5 as your turn into your seventh length
- Swim 2 lengths, out and back, in lane 5 and exit the pool
via the steps and turn left into the transition area.
Please do not run in the transition area. Leave any swim kit
in your plastic kit box to collect after your run. Once you are ready to run,
follow the direction of marshals out to the course via a fire exit corridor.
The 5k Run
- The run course is on a mix of tarmac and gravel pathway that
can be loose underfoot. The course is made up of three identical laps and shown
on the above map.
- The course is marshalled, signed with arrows and kilometre
markers. Go through the finish area on each lap and as you finish.
- There is a water station at the end of every lap.
We expect that spectators can watch from the viewing gallery
in the London Aquatics Centre, subject to approval from the centre management.
For the run, spectators can watch from anywhere on the course and will see you
pass three times wherever they are. The cafe in the London Aquatics Centre and
the nearby Last Drop Bar & Kitchen are open for refreshments.
After the race
When you've recovered, collect your medal and goody bag from
the finish area, and don't forget to collect any belongings you've left
poolside or in the changing room lockers. Any lost property or left belongings
will be be held by The London Aquatics Centre or taken to our London office.
Your race result
A complete set of results will be posted online and emailed
to all runners on Saturday afternoon. We'll also Tweet as soon as they are
available. Wherever possible, we will offer print outs of your chip time
immediately after finishing, subject to a good internet connection on site.