2018 Grantchester Charity Runs in support of Maggie’s Centre Cambridge and ACT,
the Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust
September 30th, 2018
Maggie's is a charity that provides free practical, emotional and social support to
people affected by cancer. is a place
where individuals, families and friends come to find relief and support from
professionally trained staff in unique tranquil environment which is proven to
enhance well-being. Maggie’s Centre Cambridge is based at the Addenbrooke’s
Hospital site and helps people to achieve the best possible state of
psychological and physical health during diagnosis, treatment and throughout
their cancer journey. Find out more at www.maggiescentres.org
2018 is the 50th Anniversary of the first liver transplant in
Europe which took place at Addenbrooke’s. The Liver Perfusion Machine is a
revolutionary device for storing donated livers for extended periods of time.
The machine can also assess donated livers for their suitability for transplant.
This will enable more and safer transplants to take place, saving many more
lives. ACT is starting a campaign to
bring such a machine to Addenbrooke’s where it would be the first in UK and the Grantchester Charity Runs are supporting that campaign.
Please consider donating to our designated charities when registering. Entering an amount in the Donations section works best for everyone!
- The 10k and 3k both run through attractive farmland adjacent to Grantchester. Importantly, there are no awkward road crossings in fact there are no road crossings at all. The courses are predominantly flat so we expect fast times. And to measure those fast times, 2018 will feature Chip Timing for all 10k participants.
- Parking is available in the Village Car Park on the Trumpington side of Grantchester, a short walk from the Runs Start.
- Our good friends at Flair Catering are sponsoring the 2018
Grantchester Charity Runs T-Shirts with proceeds going to Maggie’s and ACT.
Commemorative T-shirts may be purchased for £6 (+fee) through the registration
process. Please be sure to include your size when registering.
- We welcome back Scott and the CrossFit RNA team as the official
2018 Grantchester Charity Runs Warm-up team. Sports Corrective Therapy will be back to provide
pre- and post- race sports massage and injury consultation.
- Every runner who completes the course will receive a
commemorative medal and there will be trophies for the winners of both runs.
- Team Competition: Organise your own team (teams of 6 recommended, best 4 times to count)
- Latest updates and pictures and more from past Grantchester
Charity Runs www.grantchester10k.org and @GCRuns
Special Family Offer: Registration for the
3k for accompanied under 12’s is only £5 (+ fee)
On-the-day details and
- On-Site Registration: 9:00am
- Warm-up with CrossFit RNA: 10:10am
- 10k Start: 10:30am
- 3k Start: 10:35am
- Prize Giving: Noon
- post Race: Our traditional refreshments of tea, coffee and a sausage or bacon
bap from Flair Catering!
Car Parking - Available
at the Village Charity Car Park located just outside the village on the road to
Grantchester. The Car Park is a short walk from the start of the runs.
Bag Drop - Available
close to Registration
Note - Your net 2018 entry prices are lower than 2017 due to greatly reduced fees!!