The 10th Anniversary Grantchester Charity 10k & 3k in support of Maggie’s Centre Cambridge and ACT, the Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust
Sunday, September 29th, 2019
Maggie's is a charity that provides free practical, emotional and social support to people affected by cancer. is a place where individuals, families and friends come to find relief and support from professionally trained staff in unique tranquil environment which is proven to enhance well-being. Maggie’s Centre Cambridge is based at the Addenbrooke’s Hospital site and helps people to achieve the best possible state of psychological and physical health during diagnosis, treatment and throughout their cancer journey. Find out more at www.maggiescentres.org
The Addenbrooke's Charitable Trust is the only registered charity dedicated to supporting innovation in patient care across Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, which runs Addenbrooke’s and the Rosie hospitals.
Please consider donating to our designated charities when registering. Thank you!
- The 10k and 3k both run through attractive farmland adjacent to Grantchester. Importantly, there are no awkward road crossings in fact there are no road crossings at all. The courses are predominantly flat so we expect fast times. 2019 will feature Chip Timing for all 10k participants.
- Parking is available in the Village Car Park on the Trumpington side of Grantchester, a short walk from the Runs Start.
- Our good friends at the Lunchtime Company are sponsoring the 2019 Grantchester Charity Runs T-Shirts with proceeds going to Maggie’s and ACT. 10th Anniversary T-shirts may be purchased for £7 (+fee) through the registration process. Please be sure to include your size when registering.
- We welcome back 2019 Grantchester Charity Runs Warm-up team along with Sports Corrective Therapy who will be back to provide pre- and post- race sports massage and injury consultation.
- Every runner who completes the course will receive a commemorative medal and there will be trophies for the winners of both runs.
- Team Competition (10k): Organise your own team (teams of 5 recommended, best 3 times to count)
- Special Team Competition: Best theme or outfit. No need to run together but it will be judged on the Course so make sure your outfit makes it obvious to the mystery judge you are part of the same Team
- Latest updates and pictures and more from past Grantchester Charity Runs www.grantchester10k.org and @GCRuns
Special Family Offer: Registration for the 3k for accompanied under 12’s is only £5 (+ fee), Adult must register separately.
On-the-day details and schedule
- On-Site Registration: 9:00am
- Warm-up with CrossFit RNA: 10:10am
- 10k Start: 10:30am
- 3k Start: 10:35am
- Prize Giving: 11:45am
- post Race: Our traditional refreshments of tea, coffee and a sausage or bacon bap from the Lunctime Company!
Car Parking - Available at the Village Charity Car Park located just outside the village on the road to Grantchester. The Car Park is a short walk from the start of the runs.
Bag Drop - Available close to Registration
Note - Your net 2019 entry prices are lower than 2017 due to reduced fees!!