The Grantchester Charity 10k & 3k in support of Maggie’s Centre Cambridge and ACT, the Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust
Sunday, September 27th, 2020
Maggie's is a charity that provides free practical, emotional and social support to people affected by cancer. is a place where individuals, families and friends come to find relief and support from professionally trained staff in unique tranquil environment which is proven to enhance well-being. Maggie’s Centre Cambridge is based at the Addenbrooke’s Hospital site and helps people to achieve the best possible state of psychological and physical health during diagnosis, treatment and throughout their cancer journey. Find out more at www.maggiescentres.org
The Addenbrooke's Charitable Trust is the only registered charity dedicated to supporting innovation in patient care across Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, which runs Addenbrooke’s and the Rosie hospitals.
Please consider donating to our designated charities when registering. Thank you!
- The 10k and 3k both run through attractive farmland adjacent to Grantchester. Importantly, there are no awkward road crossings in fact there are no road crossings at all. 2020 will feature Chip Timing for all 10k participants.
- Parking is available in the Village Car Park on the Trumpington side of Grantchester, a short walk from the Runs Start.
- Our good friends at the Lunchtime Company are sponsoring the 2020 Grantchester Charity Runs T-Shirts with proceeds going to Maggie’s and ACT. They may be purchased for £7 (+fee) through the registration process. Please be sure to include your size when registering.
- We welcome back the Grantchester Charity Runs Warm-up team along with Sports Corrective Therapy who will be providing pre- and post- race sports massage and injury consultation.
- Every runner who completes the course will receive a commemorative medal and there will be trophies for the winners of both runs.
- Team Competition (10k): Organise your own team (teams of 5 recommended, best 3 times to count)
- Latest updates and pictures and more from past Grantchester Charity Runs www.grantchester10k.org and @GCRuns
Special Family Offer: Registration for the 3k for accompanied under 12’s is only £5.50 (+ fee), Adult must register separately.
On-the-day details and schedule
- On-Site Registration: 9:00am
- Warm-up with Carlos Guedes: 10:10am
- 10k Start: 10:30am
- 3k Start: 10:35am
- Prize Giving: 11:45am
- post Race: Our traditional refreshments of a sausage, bacon or vegetarian bap from the Lunchtime Company!
Car Parking - Available at the Village Charity Car Park located just outside the village on the road to Grantchester. The Car Park is a short walk from the start of the runs.
Bag Drop - Available close to Registration