Next Race: 25/06/2022 + 1 other
London Aquatics Centre, LONDON. E20 2AQ
If you're a runner who has considered trying multisport, this aquathlon is the perfect opportunity to give it a go, and why not at the Olympic Park and Aquatics Centre, home of the 2012 Games!
We've created this event for those who may be new to multi-sport events. From great changing facilities to how to manage a perfect poolside transition, you'll be looked after and carefully briefed to take on the challenge with confidence.
With a super-sprint 400m swim (just 8 lengths of the Olympic pool) followed by a fast 5K run course around the iconic sights of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, you'll find the athletic challenge just enough for a perfect first-time multisport experience.
Places are strictly limited to ensure you have a comfortable swim, and fellow competitors around you on the run course to keep you going.
Participants, grouped together in waves (8:00am, 8:40am, 9:20am) and released in 15-second intervals, will be allocated an exact swim start time between 8:00am and 9:40am - communicated in the week leading up to the event, together with a recommended arrival time at least 30 minutes prior to their start wave.
Faster swimmers will begin first within each wave - determined by the estimated 400m swim time provided during registration to minimise congestion – but all participants will be randomly allocated to one of the three waves.
As an official British Triathlon permit-holding event, you'll benefit from a professional experience that meets all the requirements of the sport and introduces you to the technicalities and rules to help you get the most out of your experience.
Event merchandise is available for purchase during registration for delivery by the following weekend when ordered by Sunday.
All of our events are organised following government and governing body COVID-19 guidance. We will continue to ensure that we deliver safe and enjoyable events.
Entry on the day will be subject to availability and a £5 surcharge.
For event updates and future promotions, follow The Race Organiser on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You can also join our Strava club to see how your fellow competitors are training and compare your event day performance.
Aquathlon (Super Sprint) SWIM 400m / RUN 5Km
These events are expected to be licensed with the British Triathlon Federation (BTF), the competition rules of which can be found here. We recommend participants familiarise themselves with the information therein, specifically sections 4 (Swimming), 6 (Running) & 7 (Transition) for details on equipment and their expected conduct during the event. Entry includes day membership for non-BTF members which will be provided on event day.
Bib numbers (and swimming caps) are available for collection at the event only, participants should not expect to receive anything by mail. Participants will also receive a wristband to facilitate access to the changing area and pool and an ankle strap/timing chip to be worn throughout the event.
- Dress for your swim, to include your swim cap, ankle strap/timing chip and arm transfers (if provided).
- Attach your race number to the front of the top in which you will be running using the safety pins provided at registration. Your number should always be visible during your run, and must not be covered/obstructed by other clothing/belts etc.
- Take your running kit to poolside for your pre-race briefing, 15 minutes prior to your wave start time (which will be communicated in the week leading up to the event).
- Participants will wait poolside in the order of release into the pool. One at a time, 30 seconds before your start time, you will be invited to move into lane 1.
- 15 seconds before you start, as the competitor before you begins, you will be asked to move into lane 2 where your swim will begin.
- Since each length is 50 metres, to ensure you accurately complete 400m and finish at the exit steps of the pool to the transition area, you are required to swim as follows:
1. Swim 2 lengths, out and back, in lane 2 - moving under the barrier into lane 3 as your turn into your third length.
2. Swim 2 lengths, out and back, in lane 3 - moving under the barrier into lane 4 as your turn into your fifth length.
3. Swim 2 lengths, out and back, in lane 4 - moving under the barrier into lane 5 as your turn into your seventh length.
4. Swim 2 lengths, out and back, in lane 5 and exit the pool via the steps, turning left into the transition area.
Running in the transition area is prohibited. Leave any swim kit in your transition area to collect after your run. Once you are ready, follow the directions of marshals from the pool to the run route.
The 5K course consists of 3-laps, all on tarmac or hard gravel pathway.
Results will be uploaded live to our website (internet connection permitting) and communicated to all pre-registered participants within 24 hours of each event.
All finishers will receive a medal on completing their event and, subject to a competitive field of participants, prizes may be available for the top three places overall - and the top place in each of the veteran categories (V40/V50/V60/V70) - for both females and males. Winners will be notified via email by the end of the following week once results are considered final.
Suitable medical cover is provided at our events in case of a medical emergency.
Bag drop will not be available at these events. Participants should leave all belongings with their vehicle/in transition where possible or use the changing room lockers (returnable £1 coin required).
Event images are expected to be available, usually within 24 hours of each event.
Water will be available at approximately 2.5K.
Toilets will be available in the changing area and at the Last Drop Café once finished.
Changing rooms/showers will be available in the Aquatics Centre.
These events may be suitable for wheelchair users. Any participants wishing to compete with specialised equipment are asked to contact us before entering to ensure we can accommodate any additional requirements.
Spectators are permitted at these events in the Aquatics Centre viewing gallery (subject to the approval of venue management) and anywhere on the 5K route.
The use of earphones/headphones is prohibited throughout these events.
25/06/2022, 08:00 - 09:40
JuneEnter £36.00 - £40.00
13/08/2022, 08:00 - 09:40
AugustEnter £36.00 - £40.00
For details on planning your journey and available parking facilities, please visit https://www.londonaquaticscentre.org/find-us